My life verse

"Commit your way unto the Lord; trust in him and he will do this" -Psalm 37:5 NIV

Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksliving



At our house preparations are underway for Thanksgiving Day. The Scruggs' clan, about 25 of us, will gather for a Thanksgiving feast and family gathering. I am glad the USA has set aside a day for us to give thanks. It is a reminder to all of us how blessed we are.

However, I don't want to just celebrate Thanksgiving one day a year. I want to be thankful every day all the time. In order to do that I need to live with an attitude of Thanksliving. Thanksliving is a lifestyle,daily being thankful for all the blessings God so richly allows me to have.

Everyday I want to live a Thanksliving life for following:

God- He is my heavenly father, saviour, guide and comforter, I would be nothing without him.

Wife- She is my friend, helpmate, partner, and lover. We married as kids. She was 19 and I 18. I have often said she took me to raise. Whatever I am she has been a big part of.

Family- I came from a big family, there were six of us children plus dad and mom. The godly heritage they gave me, the values they instilled within me, I am so thankful for. My wife and I have two children, two grandsons, and a daughter in law, we are so blessed. In addition both my wife and I have brothers and sisters who bless us along with their family members.

Health- I have had excellent health all my life. Only have had two bumps in the road to speak of. I had prostate cancer surgery five years ago and a recurrence of cancer in the prostate area about a year ago. I was never sick and surgery along with painless radiation has cleared me. I am thankful for the health God has allowed me to have.

Church- My parents were saved when I was about 5 years of age. I have been in church ever since my parents found the Lord. Church has become my life; member, pastor, and church administrator. I love the church and am so thankful for it's blessing on my life.

Material Blessings- As I look around me I don't have as much as others, but I have more than many. I am so thankful for what God allows me to have, enjoy, and manage to His glory.

The joy of daily living- What a joy to wake up every morning and have the privilege of living the day to the glory of God. Working as a church administrator, helping my family, keeping my home maintained, attending church, helping friends, and in my spare time enjoying some recreational activities.

I want to live everyday with a Thankslving attitude. When my family gathers in a few days, yes we will celebrate Thanksgiving and be thankful, but I want to live daily with a spirit of Thanksliving.

No comments:

Post a Comment