My life verse

"Commit your way unto the Lord; trust in him and he will do this" -Psalm 37:5 NIV

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Tourney Time...but does it really matter?

March madness we call it. Thirty-two games this Thursday and Friday; sixteen more Saturday and Sunday. Buzzer beaters, upsets, tears, and joy; coaches, players and fans will experience it all.
I plan to take in the first and second round games at Greensboro. Hopefully the tar heels will go on to the sweet sixteen, final four and eventual '09 NCAA champions. Tyler, Ty, Danny, Wayne, Deon, and Bobby have been a lot of fun to watch the last 3-4 years. I want to see them one more time, because most of them probably will not be back next year. Tyler should break the NCAA all time scoring record this weekend.
But does it really matter? Yes, I will scream at the heels when they play stupid, enjoy their offensive runs, gloat and brag when they win (especially to Duke fans), but in the end it is just a entertaining game. In the end, at least for me and for most, it really doesn't matter.
There is a much bigger game we all are in. It is the game of life, and that is the one that really counts. In the game of life we all can win. We win through Jesus Christ our Lord, He died for everyone of us. Through Him we win eternally! That's what really counts!
But for fun........Go Heels!


1 comment:

  1. Darrell,
    I enjoy your posts. Although I don't enjoy basketball I love your excitement.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete