My life verse

"Commit your way unto the Lord; trust in him and he will do this" -Psalm 37:5 NIV

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Journey's Beginnings

My journey began June 11, 1946, at City Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana. I was the firstborn son of Charles Wesley Scruggs and Gertrude Beatrice DeBord Scruggs. My father was from Sumner County Tennessee, he had come to Indianapolis after being discharged from the Army following World War II looking for family members. My mother was from Ironton, Ohio, she had come to Indianapolis looking for work. My father and mother met through mutual friends. Three brothers and two sisters came after me and joined this journey.
My journey had a dramatic turning point early in my life. My mother found Christ when I was around five years of age. Not long after my mother found Christ, my father found Christ. At a young age, 6 or 7, I remember walking down the aisle of West Side Church of the Nazarene in Indianapolis and giving my life to Christ. My parents finding Christ and then me finding Christ as a young lad put my journey of life on to the right path.
It has been a wonderful, delightful, journey, walking with Christ down through the years. I have always been thankful my parents found Christ when I was young and led me to know Christ at a young age. Wow, that has been a blessing. My heart echoes what St. Paul says, “I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection...........” -Philippians 3:10 NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment